There are seven values that underpin AUD’s operations and development and that characterize its dealings with students, faculty, staff, and other constituents:
- Whole Person Education – AUD values the intellectual, personal and professional development of its students;
- Excellence – AUD values excellence in all that it does and is committed to continuous improvement in its educational offerings and services;
- Integrity – AUD values honesty and transparency and has high standards of legal-adherence, morality and ethics;
- Service – AUD values all of its constituencies and partners with its stakeholders in the achievement of their objectives and aspirations;
- Diversity – AUD values diversity in all its manifestations and recognizes its contribution to the quality of university life;
- Tolerance – AUD values respect and open-mindedness as proper responses to concepts, opinions and customs that are diverse, new or unfamiliar;
- Accountability – AUD believes that all members of the university community are responsible for fulfilling their roles in support of the institutional Mission and Purpose-related Goals and that evaluation of individual performance should be based on the degree to which this responsibility is satisfied.