VISA INFORMATIONStudents who are accepted and enrolled on a full time basis can be sponsored by the university and will be issued a Student Residence Visa valid for one year.
New students should request for the visa by contacting one of the representatives in the Admissions Office.
Required Documents and Process
Visa processing usually takes 3 to 4 working days. Delays may occur from the Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai (DNRD).
During the first week of the semester, students should contact the Visa Officer for visa processing. To process the Student Resident Visa and add it on your passport you need to do the following:
Step 1 - Process your U.A.E. ID Card
The ID card is a mandatory electronic means of identification that the Emirates Identity Authority issues each national and expatriate person residing in the U.A.E. Before AUD can process your Student Residence Visa, we need a copy of your U.A.E. ID Card process papers (U.A.E. ID Card Request Form + Fingerprints)
- The Visa Application Form duly filled and returned (available at the Admissions Office)
- Colored photocopy of the passport with validity page (min. 6months validity)
- 1 photo
- Copy of current visa, if applicable
- Copy of tenancy contract (Ejari). Waived for those living in AUD Housing.
- Visa charges: (AED1,000) + a refundable (AED2,000) passport security deposit
- Extra Charges: these are applicable only to those students who enter the UAE with another type of visa (tourist etc.) and wish to obtain an AUD Student Residence Visa while they are in the UAE.
o Change of visa status AED600
o Issue visa while in country AED690
Kindly present your original passport to the typing office located in Al-Manara Centre near Noor Bank metro station in order to print your U.A.E. ID application. Then proceed to the Emirates ID Center in Knowledge Village next to Mediclinic Hospital, Block 12, first floor for your fingerprints.
Step 2 - Bring the following documents to the Visa Officer (Admin Bldg. Room 120)
Step 3 - Settle your fees at the Finance Office (Admin Bldg. Room 124)
- U.A.E. ID Card process papers (original + copy)
- Original Passport
- Original Visa
- 4 Photos
- 2 passport photocopies with validity page
- 2 visa photocopies
- Copy of the tenancy contract (Ejari). Waived for those living in AUD Housing.
- If you are the tenant: copy of Ejari
- If you are living with your family: copy of Ejari + copy of the tenant’s passport
- If you are living with non-family members: copy of Ejari + copy of the tenant’s passport + no objection letter from tenant to host you.
Step 4 - Book the medical test* at the AUD Health Center by providing the following documents: (Bldg. A Room 116)
- Pay AED350 for the medical test
- Get receipt signed by the Visa Officer
* A medical test at an authorized UAE medical center is required by the Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai (DNRD). A positive result for HIV, Tuberculosis (TB), Hepatitis B or C, or leprosy is grounds for immediate deportation. Students under the age of 18 will be exempted from doing the medical test.
Check with the Visa Officer 10 days after your medical test is conducted to confirm the transfer of your Student Residence Visa to the passport.
Cancellation Fee AED150
- Receipt from Finance Office duly signed by the Visa Officer
- Passport copy
- Visa copy
- 2 Photos
AUD-sponsored students who complete their semester(s) at AUD must contact the Visa Officer to process their visa cancellation two weeks before returning to their home country. These fees are subject to change without notice by the UAE government authorities.
Private health insurance covering care in the UAE is mandatory for all AUD sponsored students. In order to meet this requirement by enrolling in the AUD-sponsored health insurance plan, students are charged a non-refundable fee on their Fall semester bill covering the period September 1 through August 31.
Health Insurance Fees
Student joining beginning of
Fall Semester (covering September, 2016 – August, 2017): AED1,700
Spring Semester (covering January, 2017 – August, 2017): AED1,200
Summer I Term (covering May, 2017 – August, 2017): AED600
Health insurance fees are payable at the time of visa application.