STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMS Visiting Students
The Study Abroad Program (SAP) is intended for visiting students who are currently enrolled in degree programs at other colleges or universities around the world, but who wish to attend AUD for one or more semesters. The purpose of completing this AUD course work is to provide students with an international component to their formal education while fulfilling academic requirements that will transfer credit back to their home institution.
Visiting student applicants must:
AUD Students on Study Abroad semester
- Complete a Study Abroad Program Application for Admission and submit a non-refundable application fee. Please click here to download the application form.
- Seek academic advice and approval at their home institution to determine those AUD courses which are transferable.
- To learn about the application process, click here
- To view The American University in Dubai Academic Calendar, click here
- To view The American University in Dubai Academic Programs, click here
- To learn about The American University in Dubai Housing Facilities, click here
- To learn about the William J. Clinton Scholarship Program, click here
Besides the Exchange Programs, students have the option to choose from a wide variety of world recognized universities and attend on a fee paying basis directly with those universities through the guidance of our admissions office, and below are a few partners, but not exclusive, of our Study Abroad opportunities, including Summer Schools:
|For AUD undergraduate students wishing to study abroad at partner schools or a non-partner schools (as per the below list and beyond) please contact our Admissions Office for further assistance at email@example.com.
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management (FSFM) (Frankfurt, Germany) - www.frankfurt-school.de
- Texas Tech University (TTU) (Texas, United States) - www.ttu.edu
- Universidad Europea de Madrid (UEM) (Madrid, Spain) - www.uem.es
- Washington and Lee University (WLU) (Washington, United States) - www.wlu.edu
- AL-Maktoum College of Higher Education (Dundee, Scotland), www.almcollege.org.uk/ (for more information, please, visit the External Relations Office)
- American University of Paris (Paris, France) - www.aup.edu/summer
- Ewha International Co-ed Summer College (Seoul, South Korea) - http://summer.ewha.ac.kr/
- King's College London (London, United Kingdom) - http://www.kcl.ac.uk/summer
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (London, United Kingdom) - http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/summerSchools/summerSchools.aspx
- McGill University (Montreal, Canada) - http://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/programs/international-summer/program-overview
- National University of Singapore (NUS) (Singapore)
- Quasar Design University (Rome, Italy) - www.istitutoquasar.com
- Sciences Po (Paris, France) - www.sciencespo.fr/summer
- The George Washington University (Washington DC, United States) - http://summer.qwu.edu/international
- TU Berlin Summer University (Berlin, Germany) – www.summer-university.tu-berlin.de
- University of California, Berkeley, (Berkeley, California, United States) http://summer.berkeley.edu/
- UCI University of California, Irvine (Irvine, California, United States) – summer.uci.edu/international
- University of Cambridge (Cambridge, United Kingdom) - www.ice.cam.ac.uk/intsummer
- Vesalius College Brussels (Brussels, Belgium) - http://www.vesalius.edu/academics/summer-programme/
- Yonsei University (Seoul, South Korea) - http://summer.yonsei.ac.kr
To avail themselves of such opportunities, students must apply through the Admissions Office.
Students wishing to spend a term (i.e., semester or summer session[s]) abroad at one of the universities listed above may seek authorization to do so with the intention of transferring up to 15 credit semester hours or equivalent. If a student wishes to study abroad with other universities (subject to AUD approval), they also are allowed to transfer up to 15 credit semester hours or equivalent. Students should familiarize themselves with AUD’s Transfer Credit Policy