The Division of English at the School of Arts and Sciences at AUD has launched its second annual essay competition for 2016-2017.
The annual Composition and Literature Program Writing Contest honors excellence in undergraduate writing by offering awards for essays demonstrating outstanding craft and critical complexity.
The essays, written for English composition or literature courses represent a variety of genres, from personal narratives, to research essays, to literary criticism. Winners can receive prizes of vouchers valued at up to AED500, and an official certificate of recognition.
- Your essay title must appear on both your cover sheet and at the top of your first page
- Your cover sheet must include the following:
- Your title
- Your name and student ID #
- Your instructor’s name and course code for which the essay was written (For example, ENGL 101N)
- Neither your name nor that of your instructor should appear anywhere in your submission other than on the cover sheet and permission form
- The permission form must be completed and signed by you and your instructor. The permission form must be turned in with the essay in order for the essay to be eligible for the contest.
- Deliver your hard copy and one completed and signed permission form to the School of Arts and Sciences Administrative Assistant, Ms. Zeina Tbaishi in C423
- Upload an electronic copy of your essay (without the cover sheet) on turnitin.com: id #:
15198932; passcode: contest
The submission deadline for Summer, Fall, or Spring Term (2016-2017) courses is May 10, 2017.
Entries will be judged by a committee of English Division faculty, and winners will be notified in October 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Gail Hammill at firstname.lastname@example.org