• *** The university is open on Saturday, January 12, 2019
  • *** Spring 2019 semester starts January 13, 2019 and ends May 02, 2019
  • *** Spring 2019 Drop and Add period starts January 13 and ends January 17, 2019
  • *** Withdrawal deadline for Spring 2019 semester is on March 21, 2019
  • *** Final Exam dates for Spring 2019 semester start on April 27 and end on May 02
  • *** Late Registration for Spring 2019 is open now
  • *** AUD ID cards for new students (Fall 2018) will be available in the Registrar's office starting Thursday, September 13, 2018
  • *** Administration office hours are 8am - 5pm
  • *** Payment and Printing Invoices can be done online through the Student Portal
Is the W grade counted in my Cumulative GPA?
A. No. The W grade will not be computed in your CGPA, but it will be calculated in the Satisfactory Academic Progress. Also note that the W grade will always show in your transcript.
What is a Satisfactory Academic Progress?
A. All students must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to remain enrolled at the university. Satisfactory Academic Progress is determined by measuring the student’s cumulative grade point average (CGPA). Students are expected to meet minimum CGPA requirements in order to be considered making satisfactory academic progress. Undergraduate students are required to maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.0 throughout their enrollment. All Graduate Students are required to maintain their CGPA at 3.0 or higher in order to remain in good academic standing.
I have registered online, but the courses I chose are still not showing on my schedule. May I know why?
A. This happens because you selected the courses you need to register online, but you did not finalize the registration process properly. Therefore, please check the online registration tutorial in this booklet before registering, and make sure to print your schedule through this link: (
If I need to transfer to another university for one semester, what should I do to make sure that the courses I will take there will be transferred towards my program at AUD?
A. If you need to transfer to another university for a semester, you should fill the Course Authorization Form, available online or at the Registrar’s Office and get the required approvals.
What does P*/F*/W* mean on my transcript?
A. P* is for Pass, F* is for Fail, and W* is for Withdraw. These grades for the “Developmental Courses” that are non-credited courses and do not affect the GPA or the credits earned.
What will happen if I miss my registration period and what is the late period of registration?
A. If a student misses the registration period, then he/she can register during the Drop/Add period with a late registration fee of AED 1000.
If I decide to leave AUD, can I take my original documents from my file?
A. The original documents of the student files are not released back to the student as they are part of the student permanent file as per the University Policy on Academic Record Retention and Storage.
What is the Portal? What do I do in case I have trouble logging in?
A. The Portal is the online login system that connects you to the following:
  • Blackboard: e-Education platform
  • Student Online Information System: To view your class schedule along with the corresponding instructor, building, room number, section, credits, course meetings, credits attempted, and credits earned from previous terms
  • AUD MyMail: The E-mail system for AUD students accessible through the web from anywhere.
In case you have a problem or any queries regarding technical issues, kindly contact the IT Help Desk:
In person: Engineering Building Room: E217
Tel: +971 4 3183 480 (X-480)
How do I know who my Academic Advisor is?
A. You may know who your advisor is by referring to the Online Portal, or the Academic Advising Center.
Can I change contact information (phone number, e-mail, mailing address…) that I submitted when I first joined AUD?
A. You may do so by filling a Change of Data Form, available online under the Registrar’s Webpage.
What shall I do if I want to register for more than 15 credits?
A. Overloading courses should be approved by your advisor. Registering for more than 15 credits is done at the Registrar’s Office only.
Do I need my advisor’s approval to change my Major?
A. For changing your Program or Major, the respective Advisor, Dean, Associate Dean or Chair approval is required. The Engineering Program requires the Dean’s and the Admissions Office’s approval.
How can I drop a course after the Drop/Add period?
A. Dropping courses is not allowed after the Drop/Add period. You may only Withdraw from your course until the end of 10th week of the semester and the end of the 5th week of the Summer terms. You can withdraw from a course through this link: (
Can my friend pick up the letter/transcript that I have requested?
A. Only those whom you mentioned in the Consent Form can pick up any documents on your behalf. Or you may fill the Consent to Release Education Records - Exception
Can my parents call to find out about my Academic Progress?
A. The Registrar’s Office does not give any student related information over the phone. Parents can access your information if you signed the Consent Form allowing them to have access to your records.
How many times am I allowed to repeat the same course and/or Withdraw from it?
A. Failing and/or withdrawing a required course (including noncredit courses) three times will be grounds for dismissal. When a student registers for a course the third time, he/she may only do so subject to the conditions set by the appropriate Dean, Associate Dean or chair.
What does a hold on my portal mean?
A. A Hold on your portal means that you have a pending matter with a certain department at AUD. In such a case you need to check with the relevant department to learn how it can be resolved.
Types of Holds
  • Admissions Hold: Check with the Admissions Office
  • GPA Hold: Check with the Student Retention and Success Office
  • Foundation Hold: Check with the Academic Advisor
  • Passport Hold: Check with the Visa Officer
  • Registration Hold: Check with the Registrar’s Office
  • Financial Hold: Check with the Finance Office
  • Library Hold: Check with the Library
  • Health History Hold: Check with the Health Clinic
Can I have two Majors?
A. Yes. By meeting requirements for the Major in two separate departments, you can complete a double Major. Students should consult the Office of the Registrar or Advising Centre about the procedure for declaring a second Major.
What is a Minor? Do I have to have one?
A. Students may choose to have a minor. A minor is a secondary field of study requiring at least 15 credit hours in the field. Specific course requirements for minors are listed under the programs in each school. Students should consult the Academic Advisor about the procedure for declaring a minor.
How is the grade point average calculated at AUD?
A. The grade point average (GPA) is calculated on a four-point numerical scale. Each letter grade has its own quality point value.
Quality Point Value
A 4.00
A- 3.70
B+ 3.30
B 3.00
B- 2.70
C+ 2.30
C 2.00
C- 1.70
D 1.00
F 0.00

The Grade Point Average is calculated by multiplying the grade point value of the letter grade by the number of credit hours of the course. The result is the total quality points that the student has earned in the course. The sum of the total quality points of the courses taken during a semester are then divided by the sum of the total credit hours to obtain the Grade Point Average.
Credit X Quality Point Value = Total Quality Points

Cr. Grade QPV Total Quality Points
ACCG201 3 A 4.00 3 X 4.00 = 12.00
COMP101 3 A- 3.70 3 X 3.70 = 11.10
ENGL101 3 B+ 3.30 3 X 3.30 = 9.90
MATH191 4 C 2.00 4 X 2.00 = 8.00
PHYS201 4 F 0.00 4 X 0.00 = 0.00
TOTAL 17 41

Total Quality Points

Total Number of Credits

Grade Point Average for the Semester