Ph.D., Mathematics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
M.Sc., Mathematics, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
B.Sc., Mathematics, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Teaching Diploma in Mathematics, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Dr. El Hajj has been actively involved in teaching and research in mathematics since 2005. After obtaining her Master’s Degree in Mathematics (field of complex analysis) from the American University of Beirut in 2007, she obtained a scholarship from McGill University to pursue her doctoral studies. In 2012, she received her Ph.D. in Mathematics (microlocal analysis) and began working as a research professor at Concordia University and course lecturer at McGill University. She joined the American University in Dubai as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in 2014.
Her research interests are quite varied and span the field of spectral theory and microlocal analysis, complex analysis, and more recently partial differential equations and free boundary problems.
- Intersection bounds for nodal sets of planar Neumann eigenfunctions with interior analytic curves, Layan El Hajj and John A. Toth, Journal of Differential Geometry Volume 100, No.1, pp.1-53 (2015).
- On the univalence of polyharmonic mappings, Layan EL Hajj, journal of mathematical analysis and applications, vol 452, issue 2, pp.871-882 (2017).
- Stable geometrical properties of logharmonic mappings, Layan El Hajj and Z. Abdul-Hadi, journal of complex variables and elliptic equations, pp.1-17 (2017).
- On geometrical properties of logharmonic mappings, Layan El Hajj and Z. AbdulHadi, journal of classical analysis, Volume 12, Number 1, 15-25 (2018)
- Logharmonic mappings and linearly connected domains, Layan El Hajj, Journal of Analysis and Mathematical Physics, Volume 9, Issue 2, pp 829.837 (2019)
- A convexity problem for a semi-linear PDE, Layan El Hajj, Journal of Applicable Analysis, DOI:10.1080/00036811.2019.1667981 (2019)
- Remarks on convexity of free boundaries (Scalar and System cases) , Layan El Hajj and Henrik Shahgholian, Journal "Algebra i Analiz" ("Algebra and Analysis"), St. Petersburg Mathematical Journal, Tom 32 #4 (2020)