AUD Interior design students worked on a real Asian Fusion restaurant in one of Rotana’s new properties in Dar El Salaam, Tanzania.
AUD third and fourth year Interior Design students of the course IDES375 Food & Beverage Outlet Design, led by AUD Associate Professor & Outreach Coordinator Department of Interior Design Annamaria Lambri, developed the project during 2018 Fall semester under the guidance of Rotana Hotel Management Corporation project team: Najee N. Syriani, Rotana Corporate Vice President – Projects, Aisling Collins, Rotana Director of Interior Design – Projects, Nadim Jamous, Rotana Projects Director and Prof. Lambri.
During the final presentation on December 2018, four projects were shortlisted as finalists
The Final Event and Awards Ceremony was held at AUD on 17th of February 2019 awarding the best concept design; the runner ups outstanding projects received excellent comments from the Rotana Jury, composed by:
• Najee Syriani, Rotana Corporate vice- President
• Aisling Collins, Director of Interior Design –Rotana Hotel Management Corporation PJSC
• Nadim Jamous, Director Of Projects at Rotana
AUD Interior Design Students Winners:
• 1st place: Merian Eid & Ayah Maklad, “JAZHENG” project.
• 2nd place: Sandra Abdelshehid & Fatma Lootah, “YONG” project.
• 3rd place: Sara El Khorieby & Lauren Stoklas, “GEIJUTSU NO ROJI” project.
• Mention: Munira Lightwala & Shea Neil, “MIKUSSU” project.
“It has been an exciting and challenging journey for the students, working on a real project and being in close contact with one of the leading international hospitality operators.
The Rotana Hotels Project team was extremely supportive during all the process and the students benefited enormously from their knowledge and experience. Thank you all again for your professionalism and enthusiasm.
This is the beginning of a great collaboration with further development“.
Annamaria Lambri, AUD Associate Professor of Interior Design and Outreach Coordinator – Interior Design.