The AUD Academic Advising Unit provides advising services to students. An Advisor's approval is required in order for these students to register. The Academic Advisor assists students in adopting a program of study and creating an individual program of study document. Prior to the beginning of each term, these students are required to meet with the Advisor to whom they are assigned in order to review the status of their degree progress, to discuss university policies and departmental requirements, and to select courses.
- Develop students’ knowledge on their academic responsibility towards familiarizing themselves with the courses, course sequencing and load during their academic years.
- Encourage students to reach their full academic potential by setting up regular meetings, staying updated on their academic status and customizing course loads to each students’ capabilities.
- Personalize students’ experience by providing guidance on personal obstacles they face which influence their academic performance and conduct individualized follow-ups.
- Motivate student responsiveness in regards to key academic factors that affect students’ progress towards graduation.
PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES FOR ADVISING AND REGISTRATION
- AUD undergraduates are placed on Academic Advising Hold at the beginning of each term.
- Students are notified of the assigned advising and registration dates for each group.
- Students meet with their academic advisors during the assigned advising dates to clear the AA Hold.
- Students are required to clear all holds in order to have access to online registration.
- To access the portal click here
FOR ANY INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS
Academic Advisor and Student Support Coordinator - School of Business Administration
Noha El-Khatib began her career as counselor in both primary and high school where she focused on college guidance for high schoolers. In addition to this, she also worked as a writer, magazine editor, and has a corporate background in social media content development and management, with extensive experience working with clients on their digital marketing. She is trained in Mental Health First Aid for adolescents and adults and has a passion for psychology, reading, photography, and music. She holds a BA in Psychology, a Graduate Diploma in Education Management, and is currently completing her MSc in Psychology from the University of Liverpool. She is the academic advisor for students majoring in Business.
Call: +971 4 318 3581
Office: Admin 109C
Academic Advisor - Mohammed Bin Rashed School for Communication, and School of Architecture, Art and Design
Ms. Halawa is currently a PhD candidate. She has a Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication from The American University in Cairo. She has been working in the higher education sector since 2008, with extensive experience as an academic advisor and adjunct faculty with four universities in three different Arab countries. Salma Joined AUD in April 2019 and she recognizes that advisors have the power to intervene, refer, and advocate for their students as well as take an active role in their students' academic lives. Salma advises Media, Architecture, Interior Design, and Visual Communication students.
Call: +971 4 318 3584
Office: Admin 109B
Academic Advisor - School of Engineering, and School of Arts and Sciences
Mohammed is the Academic Advisor for the School of Engineering and the School of Arts and Sciences. He began his career as a Student Advisor in higher education. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering and a Master of Science in Renewable Energy Engineering from Heriot-Watt University. He is passionate about gaming, sports, extreme sports and outdoor activities.
Call: +971 4 318 3586
Office: Admin 109D
Academic Support is a subset of the AAU and it aims to enrich the educational, intellectual, and personal growth of AUD’s diverse student population by assisting them in developing skills and strategies to effectively respond to academic challenges and embrace life-long learning habits.
The subset offers a range of services to help students develop their own educational goals and succeed in their chosen program of study. These academic support services include: individualized academic counseling, access to tutoring and peer-tutoring, workshops, among others.
For any inquiries or questions, drop us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an AUD student you have access to the following support services:
For current hours and booking information, see our LIBGuide page: https://libguides.aud.edu/academicsupport/resources
When should I seek support from Academic Advising?
- • If you are having difficulties with a course
- • If you have any physical or learning disabilities
- • If you need clarification on academic policies such as grade appeal, graduation, requirements, academic warning or probation and exclusion/suspension
- • If you are on Academic Probation, Academic Warning, or returning from Academic Exclusion / Suspension
How can Academic Advising help me?
- • By helping you devise a plan to improve your GPA
- • By introducing you to a tutor for a course with which you are having difficulties
- • By offering workshops and handouts on improving academic skills
- • By coordinating academic accommodations for special needs students to assist them in adapting to university life
- • By providing accurate information regarding academic requirements as well as clarifying the university’s academic policies
What workshops does the unit offer to assist students with their academic performance?
Workshops on topics of concern to all students are offered each semester.
Past workshops have focused on time management, test taking anxiety, skills and strategies, academic reading and writing, working in groups, improving memory and presentation anxiety.
Students should contact the Office of Student Affairs for information on upcoming workshops. Information on such events will be shared with students on a semester basis through our Office’s newsletter, email, and social media.
We also have new online workshops. Check them out!