The AUD Academic Advising Unit provides advising services to students. An Advisor's approval is required in order for these students to register. The Academic Advisor assists students in adopting a program of study and creating an individual program of study document. Prior to the beginning of each term, these students are required to meet with the Advisor to whom they are assigned in order to review the status of their degree progress, to discuss university policies and departmental requirements, and to select courses.
- Develop students’ knowledge on their academic responsibility towards familiarizing themselves with the courses, course sequencing and load during their academic years.
- Encourage students to reach their full academic potential by setting up regular meetings, staying updated on their academic status and customizing course loads to each students’ capabilities.
- Personalize students’ experience by providing guidance on personal obstacles they face which influence their academic performance and conduct individualized follow-ups.
- Motivate student responsiveness in regards to key academic factors that affect students’ progress towards graduation.
PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES FOR ADVISING AND REGISTRATION
- AUD undergraduates are placed on Academic Advising Hold at the beginning of each term.
- Students are notified of the assigned advising and registration dates for each group.
- Students meet with their academic advisors during the assigned advising dates to clear the AA Hold.
- Students are required to clear all holds in order to have access to online registration.
- To access the portal click here
FOR ANY INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS
Razan Fouad Ayoub
Academic Advisor – School of Business
Razan Ayoub began her career as an Academic Assistant and has also worked as a Program Coordinator and Web Content Editor in higher education. She also has experience working as a System Coordinator in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Razan holds a BS degree in Accounting and an MBA degree from the Lebanese American University. She also holds a Professional in Human Resources - International (PHRi) certification from the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). She is passionate about singing, dancing, cooking and arts.
Call: +971 4 318 3587
Office: Admin 109D
Academic Advisor and Support Coordinator - School of Arts and Sciences
Nadine Ghalayini has a Master's degree in Educational Psychology-School Guidance and Counseling, and a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from the American University of Beirut (AUB). Her extensive experience with youth and children involved technical and management roles in psychosocial support and counseling, inclusion and accessibility as well as humanitarian intervention in emergency contexts. She is also interested in qualitative research on higher education, refugee education and family policies. Her hobbies include photography, content creation and reading.
Call: +971 4 318 3584
Office: Admin 109C
Linda El Alami
Academic Advisor - School of Engineering
Linda El Alami has a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from the University of Massachusetts (Boston) and is pursuing an EdD Program at Northeastern University in Organizational Leadership. She joins AUD with several years of experience in higher education in the US and the GCC region. In her spare time, Linda enjoys reading, travelling and exploring different cuisines.
Call: +971 4 318 3586
Office: Admin 109B
Academic Advisor - School of Architecture, Art and Design, and Mohammad bin Rashid School for Communication (MBRSC)
Husain Shafei is a recipient of the Marxe International Scholarship, has an MSEd in Higher Education Administration from Baruch College - City University of New York (CUNY) and a Bachelors in Web Media from Bahrain Polytechnic. He joins us with experience as a Student Coordinator, a Program Manager & Advisor, where he supported graduate and undergraduate students through international internship programs. His research interests include Student Organizations, Student Success and Cultural Diversity. Husain enjoys running, Esports, and frequently volunteers with the Global Shapers Community.
Call: +971 4 318 3581
Office: Admin 109A
Academic Support is a subset of the AAU and it aims to enrich the educational, intellectual, and personal growth of AUD’s diverse student population by assisting them in developing skills and strategies to effectively respond to academic challenges and embrace life-long learning habits.
The subset offers a range of services to help students develop their own educational goals and succeed in their chosen program of study. These academic support services include: individualized academic coaching, access to tutoring and peer-tutoring, workshops, among others.
For any inquiries or questions, drop us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
As an AUD student you have access to the following support services:
For current hours and booking information, see our Academic Support page: https://libguides.aud.edu/academicsupport