The Master of Arts in Leadership and Innovation in Contemporary Media (M.A.) should be considered by every media professional looking to understand, predict and manage change, in the constantly evolving media industry.
Emerging media and communication technologies have a significant impact on business and culture in this world of constant innovation and unforeseen opportunities. Students in the M.A. program will expand their existing professional knowledge in order to embrace dynamic change and identify new opportunities.
Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Leadership and Innovation in Contemporary Media (M.A.) program, students will be able to:
- Identify and utilize pertinent information in relation to contemporary media to enhance their leadership role in the market place;
- Gain theoretical and practical understanding of emerging media marketing;
- Reconstruct management strategies of media businesses in a global market addressing cultural differences, ethical practices, new forms of content consumption, and impact on advertising;
- Develop a competitive advantage by exploring new management strategies needed for current media convergence;
- Gain perspective on the creative potential of emerging media and transmedia;
- Explore and reflect on the new behaviors and culture, new forms of political action and commerce, and new concepts of privacy, intellectual property, and community that accompany the digital culture;
- Evaluate and use traditional and contemporary consumer research methods to improve marketing outcomes and design with creative ways of branding;
- Appraise and predict the opportunities and challenges for creating media content impacted by digitization.
The M.A. in Leadership and Innovation in Contemporary Media is a two-year, 30-credit hours (ten courses at three credit hours each) professional program.
As students advance through the program, courses increase in complexity and focus on leadership, marketing, business models, and management of innovations in relation to contemporary media.
After the first year of the program, certain courses will be offered every semester allowing students to proceed with their studies at the pace they choose.
The M.A. program includes 6-credit hours for the Capstone project, which can be developed individually or in small groups.
For further details refer to our e-brochure.
At MBRSC, we provide our students with state-of-the-art facilities to assist them in the completion of their tasks/projects, including:
- Fully equipped, soundproof TV studio and control room with three cameras, lighting, vision and audio mixers, lighting console and a multi-viewer screen;
- Access to full camera kits including HD cameras, lighting and sound equipment;
- 36-station, Mac Computer Labs and individual editing suites that run Avid™ editing software;
- Global classroom that serves as a high-technology medium for lectures by the most accomplished media academicians and professionals from around the world;
- 36-seat screening room equipped with a high-definition projector and surround sound system.
All applying students must have:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited national or regional institutional body, achieving a 3.00 GPA or better in undergraduate study.
- International TOEFL®or Academic IELTSTM or the equivalent score on another internationally-recognized English exam. PBT is accepted from specific centers in the UAE.
Students should consult with the Admissions Office for further details or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean, Mohammed Bin Rashid School For Communication
Ali M. Jaber
Program Director and Assistant Professor of Communication and Information Studies
Pedro Sigaud Sellos
Operations Manager- MBRSC
Technical Supervisor – Editing and Studio Facility
Executive Assistant, MBRSC