Ph.D., Mathematical Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
M.Sc., Mathematics, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
B.Sc., Physics, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Dr. Mahassen joined AUD in August 2015. She served as an assistant professor of Mathematics at the American University of Kuwait for seven years after her graduation in 2008.
Her doctoral thesis, titled “Weakly and Strongly Correlated Two-Dimensional Layered Coulomb Systems”, was written under the supervision of Prof. Kenneth I. Golden.
Her main areas of research include electrodynamics, statistical mechanics, and kinetic theory; strongly coupled plasma physics and applied mathematics.
- KP Equation in a three-dimensional un-magnetized warm dusty plasma with variable dust charge. Kh. H. El-Shorbagy, Hania Mahassen, Atef. A. EL-Bendary. Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy 38, 69 (2017)
- Z-Pinches with Multi-Dust-Acoustic Plasma Species: Ion Separation and Stability. Kh. H. El-Shorbagy, Hania Mahassen, A. A. EL-Bendary. International Review of Physics IREPHY 3,6 (2009)
- Transverse Dielectric Matrix and Shear Mode Dispersion in Strongly Coupled Electronic Bilayer Liquids. Golden KI, Mahassen H, Senatore G, Rapisarda F. Phys. Rev. E 74, 1 (2006)
- Longitudinal Collective Modes in Asymmetric Charged-Particle Bilayers. H. Mahassen, K. Kutasi, K. I. Golden, G. J. Kalman and Z. Donko. Journal of Physics A, Math General (2005)
- Dielectric Matrix and Plasmon Dispersion in Strongly Coupled Electronic Bilayer Liquids. K. I. Golden, H. Mahassen, G. J. Kalman, G. Senatore, and F. Rapisarda. Phys. Rev. E 71 036401 (2005)
- Dielectric Response Function and Plasmon Dispersion in a Strongly Coupled Two-Dimensional Coulomb Liquid. K. I. Golden, H. Mahassen, and G. J. Kalman. Phys. Rev. E 70, 026406 (2004)