Occupies more than 200 square meters of lab space and houses multiple sets for soil classification and testing, including:
- Casagrande and fall cone devices for liquid and plastic limits;
- Sieve sets for particle size analysis;
- Manual and automatic compaction devices;
- Four panel stations available for constant head and falling head permeability testing;
- Automated testing equipment including pneumatic consolidation apparatus, and direct shear apparatus;
- Unconfined compression loading frames and triaxle cells for shear strength testing of soil specimens.